To lose belly fat and make those love handles disappear, you need to understand how body fat and weight are lost and new lean muscle is developed. There are no magic potions or pills that will help you get rid of your belly fat. You must combine a good diet with cardiovascular and resistance exercise to build a strong muscular body with little or no belly fat. Once you understand the basics, you’ll be able to create your own healthy diet and exercise routine.
Weight loss is simple on paper. You need to eat fewer calories than you burn each day – that is a negative calorie balance known as a calorie deficit. One pound of fat contains 3,500 calories, in order to lose one pound per week, you need to burn 500 extra calories per day OR eat 500 fewer calories each day. Don’t make the mistake of drastically reducing your caloric intake, this can actually cause you to gain weight because the body goes into a kind of starvation mode when you don’t eat enough calories to fuel your metabolism through each day.
A more effective approach would be to reduce some caloric intake while burning other calories through exercise. You can reduce your caloric intake by making some simple changes to your diet. Eliminate all sodas and bottled juices, the calories you save will quickly help you reach your weight loss goals. If you frequently eat canned fruit and yogurt, you may be consuming more sugar than you thought. Try no-sugar-added varieties of fruit and Greek yogurt to cut calories. You can also reduce calories by removing the skin from chicken, trimming excess fat off of beef, and avoiding fried foods.
When it comes time to exercise, include a combination of cardiovascular exercise and weight training. Cardio will help you to burn calories and fat all over the body. Exercises like walking, running, cycling, and similar exercises are considered cardiovascular in nature, they use large muscle groups and burn calories as energy to train. Weight lifting is what will help you to build new, lean muscle, which will increase your metabolism and help you burn more calories even while you are at rest. This combination of cardio and weight lifting can help you to burn fat and calories and help you get rid of belly fat safely and more quickly.
To burn fat:
- Adjust your diet. The types of calories that you eat will make a big difference in the way you lose weight. People who follow a diet high in protein and low in carbohydrates burn more fat and less muscle mass. You don’t need to starve yourself, as an example, eat lean cuts of meat and less burgers and fries.
- Commit to regular exercise. A combination of aerobic exercise and weight training. Thirty minutes, two or three times weekly, is probably not going to be enough. You are going to have to spend at least an hour a day that includes both weight and cardiovascular training exercises. The more vigorously you exercise with weights, resistance training tools, and walk briskly or run, the more quickly you will lose weight.
- Follow your plan. It will be difficult in the beginning, and you’ll be tired at the end of your workout. Each day will be easier and soon your new healthy routine will become a habit. Once you see progress on the scale and in the mirror, you’ll find renewed energy to continue.
The Best Workouts To Burn Belly Fat:
- 9 Exercise Ball Workouts To Reduce Belly Fat At Home: 9 at-home exercise ball exercises to burn your belly fat and get a flat stomach.
- 8 Advanced Ab Roller Exercises To Burn Belly Fat: 8 advanced Ab Roller Exercises that engage all of the muscles of your core and burn your belly fat in 10 minutes
- 5 Fast Pilates Moves For Bikini Belly: Learn how to get a bikini belly with just 5 Pilates exercises.
- Try Out The 10 Yoga Poses To Defeat Belly Fat: Lose your belly fat in the Yoga way.